Back for a second year, The Birmingham Footnotes Comedy Society present their mix of high energy, almost absurd and delightfully daft sketches. ‘Charming, funny and self-aware in the best possible way’ **** (EdFringeReview.com). ‘They may seem like a bunch of nutters, but the Footnotes are wonderfully adept at making people laugh as much and as hard as possible’ (Redbrick Newspaper).
Some frighteningly good photos from The News From Holsam, courtesy of https://www.facebook.com/sentientvisuals
Thanks to everyone who attended and if you missed it, I’m certain you’ve not heard the last from Holsam.
Coming frighteningly soon…
February 22nd & 23rd at 7:30 in the Amos Room
reserve tickets here
In case you were wondering what all the songs we played in between sketches were, we’ve compiled them in a convenient list so you can relive all the classic moments of this term’s sketch show!
- Iggy Pop - Lust For Life
- Led Zeppelin - The Immigrant Song
- The Cure - Boys Don’t Cry
- Huey Lewis and the News - Boys Don’t Cry
- Joan Jett & the Blackhearts - Reputation
- Frankie Valli - Can’t Take My Eyes Off of You
- Chuck Berry - You Never Can Tell
- OMD - If You Leave
- Smash Mouth - All Star
- Annie Lennox & Aretha Franklin - Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves
- Kimya Dawson - My Rollercoaster
- The Beatles - Help
- Bobby Womack - Across 110th Street
- Simon & Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Beatles - Twist N’ Shout
- Counting Crows - Accidentally In Love
- The Donnas - Dancing With Myself
- Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas
Thanks so much to everyone who came to see it, and keep a eye on this space and our facebook page for some juicy extras!
that’s right, the new cult classic Footnotes Radio Show is back for another term of silly songs, singalongs*, and frilly thongs**!
Wednesdays at 6pm on Burn FM!
* we’re not actually going to have more singalongs
** I might wear a thong during a show, you’ll have to listen in to find out. I’m more of a briefs wearer though - AM
here are all of the promotional posters for our At the Pictures sketch show.
if you haven’t already RSVP’d for the show yet you can do that here.
Coming soon to an Amos Room near you…
A full photoset of all our posters will be up soon! In the meantime, RSVP the facebook event!
From our homes to yours, we present our favourite Christmas comedy (and some not at all comedy-related, or very mildly Christmas-related) songs.
The Shooting Stars Christmas Intro (it’s from a Christmas special, it counts)
AD/BC: A Rock Opera A rock opera that should become a Christmas viewing tradition everywhere. Part 1 of 3.
Cliff Richard - Mistletoe and Wine I was told “anything by Cliff Richard” and this the first thing that came up in the Youtube search.
From all of us here at the Footnotes, Merry Christmas and happy holiday times, we’ll see you in the new year!!
From our Movember Stand-Up Showcase.